Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010

An interesting day to document.... It was not the best day for me, as I had to put my dog, Madison, to sleep. She had a nice long life, but she was not happy at the end (she had deteriorated health-wise, and mental-health-wise, to the point where she was growling and snapping at everyone). I loved her very much.

But I didn't want to skip 12 of 12, since I think it's important to take a moment to see your day through the lens, regardless as to what it might show. And today's afternoon photos revealed an absolutely gorgeous sky that literally made me stop to catch my breath.

The rest of the more mundane events of the day kept me going. It is only now, as I sit and reflect on the past 16 hours or so, that tears come back to my eyes.

Be a good girl, Maddie.



For more about the 12 of 12 project, take a look at Chad Darnell's site!

1 comment:

  1. Julia,

    I am so sorry to hear this. In ways I think loosing a pet as an adult is harder to deal with than a child. To your furry friend you are looked upon as their custodian for care....their play pal. Even at the end they know they can trust you to do the right thing.

    We all know that we will outlive our pets but that doesn't stop us for having them. There can be no denying how much joy that partnerships brings to both sides. I'm tearing up a bit myself as I know how much you loved Maddie. I wish my arms were long enough to give you a hug.

    OK...I will now look at your 12 of 12 since that's why you're here.

    ReplyDelete